Divine Service Summary – Sunday, 4 August 2019
Title: Being truthful
Bible verse: Ephesians 4: 25
Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbour,” for we are members of one another.
Message: Truthfulness is to define us in our relationship with Christ and with one another
- Christ Himself is the truth.
- The foundation for our truthfulness is our orientation to the divine will.
- The commandment to love our neighbour incorporates truthfulness toward our neighbour.
- Truthfulness is also a necessity in faith.
- Denying the sacrificial death of Jesus or His resurrection, for example, would also falsify the gospel and thereby turn it into a lie.